Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Recycling Basals!

We are going to be starting Daily 5 this year and I have very few resources for Listen to Reading.  We have a great listening station but my students haven't really used it much because we have so few choices of books on CD.  We also switched basals this year and since we needed to get rid of the old ones, I decided to convert each story from the textbook into a "book".  All of the stories from the old basals are on CD so now I have over 20 "books" (4 sets each) that students can read and listen to.

This took a while but if you have a sharp knife or blade it makes it easier.  I cut the bindings off the old books and then tore out each story.

I then cut each story so that it would fit into a report cover.  I made each story have a separate binding color for organization purposes :-)


If anyone has suggestions for how to organize books for a listening center/area I would love to hear them!  I am having trouble deciding where to put everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment